Twelve different animal signs represent the Chinese zodiac or the Chinese astrology, which is different from the western zodiac system. Chinese animal signs or the zodiac signs follow the cyclical concept of time, and not the linear concept. Another point worth mentioning here is that the Chinese Lunar Calendar is based on the movements of the moon, rather than the sun. You should also know that the Chinese New Year falls between mid-January and early February. Though in modern times the Chinese have adopted the western calendar for festivals and other special occasions, they still traditionally follow the lunar calendar. The twelve animals that make up the Chinese Zodiac are rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig.
The word "serpent" or "snake" may remind you of the serpent that tempted Eve to seduce Adam. However, the Chinese astrological serpent is not considered devious, but wise and intelligent. The people who were born in the years 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977,1989, 2001, and 2013 belong to this zodiac sign.
- One of the characteristics of the people with the Chinese zodiac sign snake is they have excellent communication skills, and also display a good temperament. Women born under this sign are said to be beautiful, charming, and sensual.
- Men and women born under this sign are said to be wise and romantic. They are also thinkers and great planners. A snake person would think twice or deeply on a particular subject before responding. He/she would use the words carefully, and most of the time follows his/her intuition.
- One of the inspiring quality about a person born under this sign is that he/she is a lover of good music, arts, and food. Snake also appreciates company of the learned people. Snake people are charmers, have a good sense of humor, and also have a positive outlook.
- Snakes have excellent negotiating skills and leadership qualities. Another noteworthy characteristic of a snake is his/her immense presence of mind even at the time of crisis.
- Jealousy and suspicious nature are the negative qualities of the snake people. People born under this sign tend to procrastinate a lot. They are also stingy in spending and in other money-related matters. Snake is unforgiving in nature if he/she loses trust in you.
Snakes generally excel in the professional fields such as fortune-telling, teaching, writing, counseling, psychiatry, and philosophy. They also make good businessmen as they display no emotions while taking decisions related to business and while dealing with financial issues. A snake is most compatible with ox and rooster, and highly incompatible with monkey, pig, and tiger.