In order to learn what your life path and name numbers are, we have to understand how a numerology chart works. Here is a AstrologyBay post that gives you a detailed explanation on the subject.
Numerology is an ancient method of analyzing an individual and his/her life’s directions, and gain guidance on the basis of numbers and their vibrations. To do that, one must construct a numerology chart. It includes several numbers that are calculated on the basis of two sets of data?name and date of birth. It is with the help of this data your numerology calculations are made.
Let us look at the various components of a typical numerology chart.
Name or Expression Number
According to numerology, all the alphabets in the English language have been assigned a value. These values are:
The name or expression number is the sum total of the entire name, reduced to a single digit. It describes how you interact with other people, how you express yourself, and where your talents lie.
This is the sum total of the numerical values assigned to all the vowels (a, e, i, o, u) within the name, reduced to a single digit. This explains the motive behind the decisions that you take and the reasons behind how you act.
This is the sum total of the numerical values assigned to all the consonants within the name, reduced to a single digit. This describes what you are all about from within, how you look at yourself, and what your first impression may be like on other people.
Karmic Lesson Number
These are the lessons you are supposed to learn in this lifetime. These are numbers that do not exist in your name.
Subconscious Response Number
This describes how you will instinctively react in an emergency. To find this number, subtract the karmic lesson number from 9.
The number is present in your name in large amounts; i.e., the number appears several times in your name. This means that you are likely to go overboard with the qualities or tendencies that are described by that number.
This is the sum total of your date of birth reduced to a single digit. This number shows you what is the ruling force in your life, and what you must do in order to achieve harmony in your life.
This is the sum total of your day of birth, reduced to a single digit. This number shows you what influences are prevalent in your life.
This is the calculation of the inherent cycles of one’s life. According to numerology, there are only 3 life cycles.
- First Cycle – This is the sum of your month of birth, reduced to a single digit. This cycle lasts from the time of your birth till you attain maturity. To find out when this cycle ends, subtract your Destiny Number from 36 and then add 1 to get the number.
- Second Cycle – This is the sum of your day of birth, reduced to a single digit. This cycle lasts for 27 years after the first cycle has ended.
- Third Cycle – This is the sum total of your birth year, reduced to a single digit. This cycle begins once the second cycle has ended, and lasts till you die.
This describes the events that may occur during a given Life Cycle. There are a grand total of 4 Turning Points.
- First Turning Point – This is the sum total of the day and month of birth, reduced to a single digit. It lasts during the time of your First Cycle.
- Second Turning Point – This is the sum total of the day and year of birth, reduced to a single digit. It begins once the First Turning Point ends, and lasts for 9 years.
- Third Turning Point – This is the sum total of the First and Second Turning Points, reduced to a single digit. It begins once the Second Turning Point ends, and lasts for 9 years.
- Fourth Turning Point – This is the sum total of the month and year of birth, reduced to a single digit. It starts once the Third Turning Point ends, and lasts till you die.
These describe your weaknesses and the hurdles that you will face in life. There are 3 challenges (2 minor and 1 major) in life.
- First Minor Challenge – Take the day of birth and month of birth, and reduce it to a single digit each. Then subtract the smaller number from the bigger number.
- Second Minor Challenge – Take your day and year of birth, and reduce it to a single digit each. Then subtract the smaller number from the bigger number.
- Major Challenge – Take both the minor challenge numbers and subtract the smaller number from the bigger number.
Now let us look at an example, so that the entire process is clarified even better:
|Name||Date of Birth|
|John Smith||April 16, 1982|
Name or Expression Number
John = 1 + 6 + 8 + 5
Smith = 1 + 4 + 9 + 2 + 8
This gives us 44 = 4 + 4 = 8
Name or Expression Number = 8
The vowels present in the entire name are: ‘o’ and ‘i’, so, 6 + 9 = 15 and 1 + 5 = 6
Motivation Number = 6
The consonants are ‘j’, ‘h’, ‘n’, ‘s’, ‘m’, ‘t’ and ‘h’.
1 + 8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 8 = 29 and 2 + 9 = 11 and 1 + 1 = 2
Inner-Self Number = 2
Karmic Lesson Number
In the entire name, the numbers 3 and 7 are absent.
Karmic Lesson Numbers = 3 and 7
There are 2 Karmic Lessons: 9 – 2 = 7
Subconscious Response Number = 7
In the entire name, the numbers 1 and 8 are present the most.
Hidden Tendencies = 1 and 8
DOB – April 16, 1982
4 + 1 + 6 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 2 = 31 and 3 + 1 = 4
Destiny Number = 4
Date – 16
1 + 6 = 7
Birth Number = 7
First Life Cycle – Month of Birth = April = 4
36 – 4 (Destiny Number) = 32 + 1 = 33
First Life Cycle is 4, and lasts from 1982 to 2015 (till age 33).
Second Life Cycle – Day of birth = 16
1 + 6 = 7
Second Life Cycle is 7, and lasts from 2015 to 2042 (27 years after First Cycle ends).
Third Life Cycle – Year of Birth is 1982
1 + 9 + 8 + 2 = 20 and 2 + 0 = 2
Third Life Cycle is 2 and lasts from 2042 to the rest of his life.
First Turning Point – Month of Birth = 4, Day of Birth (reduced) = 7
7 + 4 = 11 and 1 + 1 = 2
First Turning Point is 2 and lasts from 1982 to 2015 (duration of First Cycle).
Second Turning Point – Day of Birth (reduced) = 7, and Year of Birth (reduced) = 2
7 + 2 = 9
Second Turning Point is 9 and lasts from 2015 to 2024 (9 years).
Third Turning Point – First Turning Point = 2 and Second Turning Point is 9
2 + 9 = 11 and 1 + 1 = 2
Third Turning Point is 2 and lasts from 2024 to 2033 (9 years).
Fourth Turning Point – Month of birth = 4, and Year of Birth (reduced) = 2
4 + 2 = 6
Fourth Turning Point is 6 and lasts from 2033 to the rest of the life.
First Minor Challenge – Month of Birth = 4, Day of Birth (reduced) = 7, and 7 is greater than 4.
7 – 4 = 3
First Minor Challenge is 3.
Second Minor Challenge – Day of Birth (reduced) = 7, and Year of Birth (reduced) = 2
7 is greater than 2. So 7 – 2 = 5
Second Minor Challenge is 5.
Major Challenge – First Minor Challenge = 3 and Second Minor Challenge is 5
5 is greater than 3. So 5 – 3 = 2.
Major Challenge is 2.
Hopefully, with this example, the process of making a numerology chart has become clearer.