Learn basics of palmistry and how the chart is interpreted with this easy to understand palm-reading guide which contains information to help interpret the secrets that lie hidden within the palms of your hands.
Did You Know?
Palm reading involves reading the lines and marks of both the hands. While reading the hand that is used comparatively lesser by an individual will tell you the fate he is born with, his past, or hidden traits, whereas the lines and mounts of the predominant hand (the hand one uses more than the other one) will show what the individual has managed to do with the original course set for him. The dominant hand gives you an idea about how the original plan has been altered due to the choices made by an individual during his lifetime.
Palm reading is one of the branches of the ancient art of astrology, where lines and creases on people’s palms are used to predict the future and deduce the obvious and hidden traits of their personality. Though there is much debate on the authenticity and credibility of palmistry and astrology predictions, they still manage to attract a great amount of interest from both believers and skeptics alike. It is also known as chiromancy or chirology. A palmist uses a palm-reading chart to make certain predictions. There are different schools of palmistry and, therefore, the method of interpretation does vary. The three basic schools from which present day palmistry evolved are Indian, Chinese, and Greek palmistry. The guide below gives some common palm-reading basics that will help you to learn how to read palms and with practice you may even be able to tell the future.
Remember, it is necessary that you follow the palm-reading system of only one school in order to gradually understand the nitty-gritty and logic behind the evolution of that particular style. Eventually, you will understand how all the schools conjoin at a singular plane.
Palm readers normally check the following properties of the palm for their reading.
Lines on the Palm
The lines on the palm are used to determine the future or personality traits of an individual. The three main lines that are considered are the head line, the heart line, and the life line while reading a palm. Below you will get complete details on the major lines on the palm and how they can be interpreted. Along with these major lines, a few minor lines are also viewed, including the marriage and lifeline, travel lines, and the girdle of Venus.
- The heart line curves upward to end between middle and index finger → A caring and understanding personality.
- The heart line curves to end below the index finger → An adventurous and artistic personality.
- The heart line is straight → A selfish personality.
- The head line curves downwards → A sensitive personality with an inclination towards literature and fantasy.
- Head line curves upwards towards the little finger → An aptitude for Maths, Business Studies, and Logic.
- Broken head line or no head line → Has varying interests or is a specialist in certain fields, respectively.
- Life line that curves completely around the thumb → Good physical and mental health.
- A lifeline that is forked upwards → A positive attitude towards life.
- A lifeline that is forked downwards → A pessimist and an introvert.
The Destiny or Fate Line
- Absent fate line → A comfortable but uneventful life ahead.
- Fate line that is unbroken and runs straight across → A successful life ahead.
- A fork in the destiny line → Indicates a great amount of wealth in store.
The mounts on the palm are also considered while foretelling the future. These mounts are derived from Greek palmistry and are named after Greek gods and goddesses. They are the ‘mounts’ of flesh below each finger. Their location and interpretation are shown below.
Mount of Venus (Located below the thumb)→ Signifies love, beauty, and artistic sense
Mount of Jupiter (Located below the index finger)→ Signifies love, beauty, and artistic sense
Mount of Saturn (Located below the middle finger)→ Signifies patience, hard work, and practicality
Mount of Apollo (Located below the ring finger)→ Signifies energy, creativity, and compassion
Mount of Mercury (Located at the base of the little finger)→ Signifies business skills, wit, and versatility
Luna Mount or Mount of the Moon (Located at the lower part towards the end of the palm, just below the thumb)
→ Signifies creativity, passion, and shyness
Shape of the Hands
The shape of hands is the first thing that is noted and depending on the shape of your hand you could have a earth, fire, air, or water element hand.
- Earth Hand → Broad square fingers and palms with rough skin
- Fire Hand → Square or rectangular palms with pink skin or flushed skin
- Air Hand → Long fingers with square or rectangular palms and dry skin
- Water Hand → Short oval-shaped palms with long flexible conical fingers
Although palm reading may not be a hundred percent accurate and fraudulent palmists may even be using old tricks to fool new customers everyday, one must appreciate the art of palmistry and the way it can be used to pick up clues to accurately describe a person and the various facets of his personality.